Hey out there ! Yes I am still alive, and shaving everyday. I don’t believe in excuses, but I do in explanations. Obviously people that know me realize I run this blog, am sole administrator for the Facebook group of the same name, and am very active with vendors, both commercial and artisan. A lot has happened since November of last year, that effected me both professionally, and personally with everything from Family losses to kids in school. To sum it up I never lost the fire to continue, but did loose the drive to kindle the flame. I am again obviously an open person, and do not hold back my feelings or, why things “are” the way things “are”. I’m here today to say that I hope that spark is back, and I want to start sharing my world of traditional shaving, and grooming a bit more again if you’ll allow me.
I have not been as active on the Facebook group either which will be changing again, more events, more new vendors to bring to the group, and of course more content here. I have come to the conclusion “reviews” are no more than opinions which are wonderful things, but as such must be treated as exactly that opinion not fact. I will be reviewing, and I encourage anyone that wants to author here on this site to let me know…..I’ll set you up in a heartbeat to review in your opinion any product, but let it be known there is only fact to the author….caveat emptor and I will always disclose when a item is gifted or, PIF’d that I review compared to the 99.9% that I spend copious amounts of money on quality gear to bring to peoples attention again based on my opinion. Finally as I’ve already bored everyone enough first day back ! I plan on making more educational posts both written and video geared toward education for all levels of shavers; from new to veteran alike….there is no point in the years I’ve spent doing this if not to pass some knowledge on.
I leave you for today, a simple SOTD post……that was a near perfect shave.
- Pre: Clarisonic Aria with acne head and Salicylic acid wash
- Prep: Andalou enzymatic exfoliant peel & Lush Dark Angels scrub
- Soap: Tiki Bar Soaps “Set Sail” Vegan
- Brush: Nathan Clark custom 2-band badger
- Razor: Thiers-Issard “5/8 round point Spartacus
- Lather type: Bowl
- Moustache type: Handlebar
- Wax & Pomade: JG compound & Royall Crown
- Post Shave: Cold water rinse and RazoRock alum
- After Shave: Agua Lavanda Puig …(Lavender splash)
- Balm: Every Man Jack “Signature Mint”
- EDT: (maybe a bad combo here, but)….. Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme Intenso…… I could do a entire review just on this EDP.