Today’s shave; similar to yesterday was with a new soap today from Tiki Bar soaps. This soap in question is none other than the new “The Kilted Tiki” which was a St. Patrick’s day release with strong accords of Peat moss and a very smooth whisky note that is very unique. Again I am now on use number two, and I will not review a soap before three uses. I will say however I love my Dubl Duck razor ! Today’s “Satin Edge” was bought from none other than Jaime Cobos about a year ago. I did some work to this blade and I must say of all my vintages the Ducks are just excellent shavers !
The Omega 63185 Black badger had the perfect scritch to softness ratio for today’s Face lathered shave and made a wonderful lather to say the least…. this is one of those brushes; you do not have to spend a fortune to get a great brush. Finally, without reviewing the soap I used a very unique combination as this is a very unique soap. Fine Accruements Clean Vetiver, and then Crabtree & Evelyn’s Nomad balm. This all led to such a wonderful shave, what I would consider the entire reason for traditional shaving; pure enjoyment.
- Pre: Clarisonic Aria with sensitive head and Nivea face wash
- Prep: Hot Shower with HTGAM “ATG” pre-shave soap
- Soap: Tiki Bar Soaps ” The Kilted Tiki”
- Brush: Omega 63185 black badger brush
- Razor: Vintage 5/8 Dubl Duck Perlduck “Satin Edge”
- Lather type: Face
- Moustache type: Handlebar
- Wax and Pomade: Got 2 Be Glued & Murray’s Superior
- Post shave: Cold water rinse, Alum
- After Shave: Fine “Clean Vetiver”
- Balm: Crabtree & Evelyn “Nomad”
- Fragrance: Penhaligon’s Opus 1870