Happy Sunday everyone ! That’s the good news, the bad is tomorrow is Monday; so let’s make the best of the day. Today’s shave was excellent, I’ll be the first to admit I find French point razors to be the most unforgiving blade for me, but today not a single problem, and simply a smooth shave.
As far as artisan soap makers I’ve made no question I love Barrister & Mann as they truly have unique fragrance as well as outstanding performance, and this is rare as usually artisan soaps while some are great are “safe” and fall into that “safe” Bay Rum, fruit, mint, or very recognizable fragrances. Barrister & Mann is not that soap they do NOT play it safe William Carius the owner/soaper behind B&M soaps is aside from a excellent soap maker, a true artisan perfumer that creates unique blends that push that envelope, I consider B&M a “true” artisan soap in every sense.
Combined with that Thater 4292/4 2-band brush set in a beautiful Cocobolo wood handle I had an effortless shave and great face feel and cushion. Thater brushes are hard to beat unless you have a custom brush made, but factory made Thater sits pretty much at the top 3 brush makers in the world, of course YMMV, and this is my opinion though I know many a traditional shaver that also set Thater as the bar to compare all others.
Everyone thanks for spending a few moments with me, so enjoy your Sunday, and as always Shave On !
- Pre: Clarisonic Aria with normal head and cleanser
- Prep: Hot shower with Musgo Glyce “Amber” pre-shave soap
- Croap: Barrister & Mann “Cheshire”
- Brush: Thater 4292/4 2-band silvertip set in Cocobolo wood
- Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8 Shoulderless French point straight razor with ornate spine work
- Lather type: Bowl
- Moustache style: Handlebar
- Wax & Pomade: Fire House Dark & O’Douds Heavy Hold Vegan all natural
- Post Shave: Cold water rinse
- After shave: Barrister & Mann “Cheshire” Kyovu
- Balm/Other: Anthony Logistics ingrown hair treatment
- Fragrance: Dark aged Patchouli applied to pulse points