Happy Monday everyone ! Unlike many things in this world straight razors; are one of those things, when properly cared for get better with age. I’d add wooden stringed instruments, and paintings to that list as well. There is just something to the feel of a vintage straight razor that is nearly 100 years old, and delivers a close and comfortable shave. The old time construction just lasts and they had pride in their craft; My Vintage Boker 1056 is no exception.
Our Vendor of the month St. James of London is another one of those products that takes pride in their craft since 1953 ! A Creighton’s made brand, this cream whilst brushless; when you use a brush excels and even IMHO creates an exceptional lather that left me with a ample cushion and tons of glide. I find the aroma unique as it is called Cedarwood and Clary Sage; which is very obvious, but there is a citrus note that really brightens things up, as well as a grounding fragrance that is masculine and exudes confidence.
Great shave today, Enjoy your days all, and of course Shave On ! – Aaron
- Pre: Clarisonic Aria with deep pore brush and cleanser
- Prep: Hot Shower with Jack Black’s “Face Buff” fine grit face scrub
- Cream: St. James of London “Cedarwood & Clary Sage”
- Brush: Marting custom silver tip badger
- Razor: Vintage Boker 1056 straight razor
- Lather type: Scuttle
- Moustache type: Handlebar
- Wax & Pomade: PPF original & Murray’s Xtra Heavy
- Post Shave: Cold water rinse
- After Shave: Ogallala bay rum, sage, and cedar (great compliment to the cream)
- Balm: Aveeno fragrance free after shave lotion
- Fragrance: L’Occitane Bavx