Recently I spent a whole week in Madrid on holiday. Between a tapa and another, between a glass of Sangria and a huge paella for two, I was able to try and purchase some Myrsol aftershaves as well as Spanish Floid in the two main versions: Mentolado Vigoroso and Mentolado Suave.
Regarding the Floids:
- The Mentolado Vigoroso, as the name suggests, is strong on menthol and provides the greatest cooling effect.
- The Mentolado Suave is softer and gentler, but most of all is the one which is closest to the old, dear and unfortunately gone Italian Floid, the Genuine, which recently changed its formulation, becoming a cheap version of an Old Classic. The Suave has that talcum note which thousands of us loved and love so much!
Regarding the Myrsol AS, unfortunately I did not find the highly praised Agua De Limon, but nonetheless I purchased some really good stuff:
- Agua Balsamica: to soothe the skin after the shave, with rosemary, thyme and lavender.
- Antesol: a pre-post shave lotion. Has a wonderful old barbershop feeling, with elegant powdery and citrusy notes. My favourite of the bunch.
- Formula F/Extra: I suspect the F stands for “Floid” here, since this resembles the iconic Spanish AS very much, a bit more elegant and refined. I remember seeing an advert saying: if you like Floid, try this!
- Plastic Shave: the pink transparent fluid is flowery with top notes of rose. Still have to try this one, but smells promising.